Calacatta Gold Baby Brick Mosaic
A classic Italian polished white marble accented by soft grey and gold veining, Calacatta Gold is a highly desired luxurious stone. Its sophisticated and elegant appearance has graced beautiful homes for centuries.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including crystalline silica (airborne particles of respirable size)
in dust created during fabrication/installation if the product is dry cut/ground or pulverized, which are known to
the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go
Our stones are natural products. For this reason, there will be naturally occurring variations in the color, pattern, texture, and veining that may differ from what was pictured. Before you begin installation, please inspect the goods for any damage or defects such as chipped edges, broken pieces. We cannot make any adjustments or provide service after the installation has begun.
We recommend that you dry-fit your pattern first. Think about the cuts in advance and visualize the installation. Make sure that you practice laying out the pattern. This will also help you plan out the placement of the pieces, which is especially helpful with tiles that have a lot of variation.
To avoid affecting the color of the tile, we highly recommend using white thinset mortar. For faster installation, use a rapid curing thinset mortar.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- Use a 3/16" or 1/4" square notch trowel when installing our marble material
- Prior to fixing the tiles in the mortar bed, use the flat side of the trowel prior to smooth down the ridges.
- For all-natural stone, we suggest using non-sanded grout in order to prevent scratching.
- Before grouting, test an area to make sure the stone surface will not scratch.
- Grout joints should be packed full. Do not leave pits or voids.
- Clean excess grout as you work. Do not let it harden completely.
- Never use acids to clean grout haze.
- Use a damp sponge for the final cleaning and to smooth out the grout joints.
- We highly recommend applying grout release prior to grouting the tile to facilitate cleaning and for protection against staining from contrasting color grouts.
After the stone is installed and grouted, seal the stone with an appropriate high-quality breathable stone sealer. This will minimize the potential for water absorption, efflorescence, and staining. If needed, a color enhancer may be applied to bring out the true color of the stone at any time after grouting. You may choose to reseal the tile when the stone gets darker or as needed.
For the best results, use a wet-saw with a new, continuous rim diamond blade designed to cut marble. Do not use “turbo” or other notched blades designed for use with porcelain or ceramic: such teeth can result in a coarse cut, leading to a heavily chipped edge.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
For normal care and maintenance of stone tiles, clean stone surfaces with a few drops of neutral cleaner, stone soap, or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth. To avoid leaving a film or causing streaks, avoid using too much cleaner or soap. When cleaning marble or limestone, do not use products that contain lemon, vinegar, or other acids. Do not use any abrasive cleaners